Monday, January 2, 2012

The very first blog, introduction and what's coming in the future.

Welcome to The Frugal Maven!  My name is Amanda and while I may not exactly be a "maven" on frugality, I sure am close!  I come from a family of savers and penny pinchers.  My grandparents were raised through the depression era and truly learned the value of their hard earned dollar.  My grandmother was a homemaker and my grandfather worked, the "traditional" family setting.  Back then you had to know how to make things home made, reuse items, cook, sew etc.  Today we are so used to living in a society where everything is pre-made and disposable.  But when times get rough, as many of us know they have, we seem to be reverting back to the old ways of watching our wallets.   While we don't always need to watch our budgets down to the pennies, a little bit of money saving and learning how to do things "the old fashioned way" never hurt anyone.  I hope you find some helpful hints to apply to your everyday life.  Please feel free to comment and share your tips and tricks as well!
A few things that I am tentatively planning for the future are listed below. Some things I have done and will plan to share, others are new things I am trying as well.   I may add or remove things, so this is only to give you an idea of what's to come:

*making liquid soap from bar soap
*making home made laundry detergent
*natural cleaning products
*cheap multi purpose cleaning items
*saving on home heating
*old fashioned remedies
*simple and frugal meal ideas
*eco friendly re-use ideas
*simple craft ideas
*low cost family/date fun
*fee or frugal travel vacation ideas
*simple diy home projects
*coupon tips and tricks
*food storage tips
*turning your old "junk" into cash
*bargain ideas
*hand made gift ideas
*home made meal recipes
much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment